SunMed’s Clinical Research Centre
Sunway Medical Centre’s Clinical Research Centre (SunMed-CRC) commenced in August 2009 in response to the demand for evidence-based practice as well as SunMed’s wish to participate significantly in medical research. CRC is dedicated primarily towards coordinating all research involving human subjects. Such research studies may be related to:
- Pharmaceutical products,
- Medical devices,
- Medical radiation and imaging,
- Surgical procedures,
- Medical records,
- Biological samples,
- And/or epidemiological, social and psychological investigations.
CRC seeks to promote ethical and reliable clinical research according to the international and local Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards. We bridge communication between investigators and their counterparts; and assist with feasibility assessments conducted by interested parties. Apart from facilitating SunMed to secure research projects, we assist in documenting and tracking progress of the clinical researches conducted. In response to the demand for evidence-based clinical research, we seek to increase participation of SunMed and to contribute significantly to the health and research industry.
To be a leader in clinical research within the private healthcare organisation.
We are committed:
1) To promote excellence in clinical research by providing ethical and reliable services.
2) To improve processes in increasing overall operational efficiency with speed and accuracy.
3) To protect the rights, safety, dignity and well being of the subjects of research promote ethical principles in human research.
4) To develop competent, motivated, and proactive workforce.
5) To delight customers
6) To facilitate efficient and effective ethical review processes
7) To promote ethical research through competent review and monitoring of human research projects whilst they are active.