Cashless and Ticketless Parking with Sunway Smart Parking
Parking in Sunway City Kuala Lumpur will be made easier thanks to the rise of digitalisation.
Soon, it will be possible to enter and exit specific premises within the city without having to use a parking ticket.
Sunway Smart Parking, the largest fully unified smart parking system with multi cashless payment options in Malaysia, will launch at Sunway Pyramid, Sunway Hotels, Sunway Pinnacle, and Menara Sunway, starting Q1 next year.
The cashless and ticketless parking experience is part of Sunway’s digitalisation journey to not only encourage paperless adoption, but to also enable hassle-free experiences for its visitors. The new initiative also aims to reduce carbon footprint, in line with Sunway’s commitment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
How does it work?
Follow these simple steps and you’ll be on your way:
- Register your vehicle registration number via Sunway Parking.
- Once registered, ensure that your vehicle registration number is attached to a participating e-wallet in order to make payment. The list includes GrabPay, Boost, WeChat Pay, Alipay, Touch N’ Go Digital, and Maybank QR alongside credit partners MasterCard, Visa, American Express, JCB, UnionPay, and MyDebit.
- Drive in and your vehicle registration plate will be scanned via the recognition system.
- The parking boom gate will automatically lift for vehicle registration plates that have been identified.
- You’re all set to move in and out of Sunway premises without any hassle!
What are the benefits?
- Quicker turnover rates as vehicles are now able to enter and exit faster.
- Ticketless parking saves customers’ time, energy and petrol. For instance, no more long queues just to pay your tickets!
- No cash in hand is needed. It particularly helps when you’re out of small change!
- The system can reduce the amount of cash handling by operators. It also brings down infrastructure maintenance costs.
- It’s environmentally friendly! Anything that is good for the earth, is good for us.
- By doing all the above, companies and organisations will be able to minimise car parking traffic and operate even more seamlessly. This helps them provide an effortless customer experience and boost overall satisfaction.
This initiative comes off the heels of Sunway Pyramid’s recent preview of the unified parking system.
HC Chan, chief executive officer of Sunway Malls & Theme Parks said, “We are pushing forth on our digitalisation journey. With revolutionary technology, we want to continue introducing new seamless, exciting shopping experiences to our shoppers to enable hassle-free experiences with greater convenience.”